Hello friends. We’re back with another episode of the Dime Podcast here on Uproxx and this time there’s *gasp* actual NBA news to discuss for the first time in about a month! Please subscribe and review on whatever your preferred podcast listening app is (Omny, iTunes, Google, Stitcher).
We’re very excited by the random late September flood of news, led by the Jimmy Butler trade request in Minnesota, as well as the Sixers finally deciding to hire a general manager and going with the legend Elton Brand. To discuss all of this craziness we brought Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck) of the Philly Voice onto the pod this week to go over this week’s weirdness in the Association.
Here’s the rundown of this week’s discussion:
- Whoops, we talked about the Browns again for like three minutes. Sorry.
- Kyle’s thoughts on the Jimmy Butler trade request and whether Philadelphia will be interested
- What teams on Butler’s shortlist of preferred destinations can make the best offer
- The Sixers being the new Celtics in that they’re going to be brought up every time any star is on the trade market
- How Philadelphia will approach potential Butler trade talks and others
- The Sixers quiet offseason and the plan of “not messing things up” in a transitional summer in the front office
- Elton Brand as the new GM and what to expect from him and the Sixers moving forward
- What teams we expect to get involved in Jimmy Butler trade talks
- What does a realistic trade package for Butler look like
- Why the Clippers or another team in the West may have to give up more to get Butler than a team in the East
- Denver, New Orleans, and other dark horse teams that could try to make a move
- The risk involved in trading for Butler
And much, much more!