Hello, friends. We’re back with a fresh new episode of the “it me” podcast for your listening pleasure (or, maybe just for background noise, whatever). This week it’s all about the closing stretch of the NBA regular season. The MVP race is at a fever pitch and the Eastern Conference is a mess, so naturally the first 15 minutes is us telling airport horror stories before getting to any actual NBA talk!
Our guest this week is the great Chris Herring of FiveThirtyEight, who joined us to talk all things NBA playoffs and MVP race, as well as travel stories and other random tangents.
We start the podcast off the rails, but we eventually get on track for some very good basketball conversation, mostly from Chris because he’s significantly smarter about the NBA than us!
We talked about:
- Our worst airport/airline experiences (shoutout United)
- Driving from New Orleans to Atlanta through the night
- The mess of the Eastern Conference
- What are the Hawks?
- Who is the biggest threat to the Cavs?
- Is Boston going to have the same fate as the 2015 top-seeded Hawks?
- What’s wrong with the Cavs?
- The MVP race
- Why Harden is Chris’ pick
- Why Kawhi is going to come closer to winning than many anticipate
And much, much more!
As always, comments and tweets are welcome. Subscribe to us on iTunes, too! You can find Robby at (@rkalland) and Martin at (@martinrickman). Chris is at (@Herring_NBA). Sports are great and so are friends, but sports are always better with friends.
Special thanks to the band Annabel for our intro and outro music. They’re really good. You should buy their music at their website or perhaps see them play a show some time.