Today may be April 1st, but Nintendo decided to drop a serious amount of info on upcoming Wii U and 3DS games in a new Nintendo Direct late this afternoon. They did carefully sidestep any mention of them getting into mobile gaming, but there were a number of tidbits that should please Nintendo fans.
First up, here’s the full Nintendo Direct if you have 45 minutes to spare…
– New characters Mewtwo and Lucas are coming to Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Mewtwo arrives this April and Lucas in June, and each will cost four bucks.
– Mario Maker now has a Super Mario World visual theme, and it’s confirmed you can share all your creations online.
– Yoshi’s Wooly World hits this Fall and comes with adorable knit Yoshi Amiibos.
– The Wii U Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem is still happening, and it looks kind of nuts. And surprisingly sexy.
– Speaking of Fire Emblem, the new 3DS entry in the series is looking rad.
– N64 and DS games are coming to Wii U virtual console, starting with Yoshi’s Island DS and Super Mario 64.
– The latest Fatal Frame game is actually coming to the US and Europe this fall!
– Finally, the next Mario Kart 8 DLC pack is actually coming early on April 23rd. Also, Nintendo is releasing a free update that introduces 200cc mode, which looks ridiculously fast.
Not a blow away Nintendo Direct by any means, but I’m not about to give a thumbs down to any show that introduces adorable knit Yoshi Amiibos. Any Nintendo fanatics out there? What are your thoughts on the announcements?