Typing “GG” (good game) in a group chat after winning a game is a sporting way to celebrate a victory instead of rubbing it in, but sometimes players decide to be a king-sized douche-asaurus by instead typing “GG EZ” to point out how easy it was to win. Now at least one gaming company is getting fed up with that form of trolling.
As part of Blizzard’s new patch to Overwatch, typing “GG EZ” will now display a different phrase in group chat, to the surprise of the trolling player.
Sometimes it will autocorrect their rudeness to something classy:
- Great game, everyone!
- It was an honor to play with you all. Thank you.
- Good game! Best of luck to you all!
- Well played. I salute you all.
- Wishing you all the best.
Some of the replacement phrases are a little more silly:
- For glory and honor! Huzzah comrades!
- Gee whiz! That was fun. Good playing!
- Ah shucks… you guys are the best!
But then there are the ones poking fun at the troll’s immaturity:
- It’s past my bedtime. Please don’t tell my mommy.
- Mommy says people my age shouldn’t suck their thumbs.
- C’mon, Mom! One more game before you tuck me in. Oops mistell.
And these last ones are just coldblooded: