Tom Cassell, a.k.a. “Syndicate,” is a British gamer and YouTube sensation whose channel, The Syndicate Project, has nearly 10,000,000 subscribers. Currently, he is the host of the second season of Legends of Gaming.
Syndicate was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Jameson and coke.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Peaky Blinders season two or Better Call Saul!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Salt & pepper chicken pieces with a side plate of Parma ham and mac and cheese balls.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Reddit, CSGO Lotto and of course YouTube.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Moby — “Porcelain.”
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Invest in Uber!
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“How to assassinate crows.”
9. Dogs or cats?
Cats. Especially Theo, my sisters cat, he’s the best!
10. Best concert of your life was…?
The 3BD launch party — It was a private concert with Little John.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Steal Like an Artist Journal by Austin Kleon.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
One of the nicest things has got to be shortly after Grandma had just passed away when I was really down. Xbox went out of their way to get me on a trip to Switzerland for the launch of Halo 4, and it really lifted my spirits.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy all the way.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I’d wake up, go skydiving, snowboard for a few hours then kick back on a beach in Bora Bora. Oh, and have Cheesecake Factory for dinner.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Kevin & Perry Go Large! It’s a classic!
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I don’t watch sports, I watch eSports — so OpTic Gaming all the way!
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
It was a two Michelin star restaurant in Paris. I can’t remember the name of it, but the food was out of this world.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
The Boy. It was terrible!
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
It’s gonna have to be Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I’d serve Nicholas Cage, Nicholas Cage.
PREVIOUSLY: Natalie Zea