Those in attendance to the PAX Prime gaming convention in Seattle are up for a treat if they decide to use UBER to get around town during the event. Not only will their ride be free of charge, it might come in the form of one Mad Max themed vehicles, like the one below:
This is part of a tie-in promotion for UBER with the upcoming Mad Max game and just a tiny reminder that the film is available on home video this Tuesday (and is already available digitally). UBER outlined their promotion in a press release, letting all you future wasteland wanderers know just how this little ride works:
HOW TO REQUEST
- Open the Uber app in downtown Seattle and request MAD MAX.
- Demand will be high and availability is limited, but if your timing is right, a Warboy will swoop you up in a car ripped from the world of the Mad Max video game and brought to life on the streets of our fair city!
- Cars vary in size. Your Warboy will let you know how many riders (1, 3, or 4) he can keep safe from marauders.
- Trips must begin and stay within downtown Seattle. The Wasteland is vast and gas is precious—the Warboys must remain near their Stronghold.
- Your dollars are worthless in the Wasteland. Payment shall not be required.
The best part is the presser included a look at the vehicles that could be leading you around the Seattle wastelands, possibly raiding the lesser groups at the local bakery or taco hut. It is indeed a lovely day. You can click here to take a closer look at the vehicles and their drivers:
Looks pretty cool and hopefully turned out pretty well for the folks at PAX. No word on if UBER will try it again, but it is a nice bit of promotional heft, being able to ride around in your own war buggy.