BEVERLY HILLS – Amy Adams has some great advice for her young women fans who are thinking of following in her footsteps. So great, in fact, that we've put together a handy list, culled from her press conference backstage at the Golden Globes:
1. “Get off the Internet, don”t read what people write about you.”
2. “Stop listening to outside voices. Listen to your inner voice, instinct and intuition.”
3. “Surround yourself with people who are willing to disagree with you and willing to have a great conversation and debate in order to prove their point.
4. “Don”t be afraid to be smart or outspoken. Really be an advocate for yourself.”
5. “Focus on the art. Don”t worry about the celebrity.”
Did we mention Adams took home the award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical for her role in “Big Eyes” tonight?
“If I could have made the whole [acceptance] speech about ['Big Eyes' director] Tim [Burton] I would have, and the support he”s given to me and the roles that he writes for women, his unique vision,” she told the assembled press corps. “He”s a beautiful man. He has a unique idea about art and how he expresses his vision. He”s someone I hope to work with again and again.”