This age of social media has made the reaction to Paul Walker’s death almost strangely instantaneous. The 40-year-old actor was killed in a car accident Saturday afternoon. That night shocked reactions were heard from friends and former co-stars such as Vin Diesel, Ludacris, Tyrese and Joshua Jackson among others. Some are now finally able to speak about the “Fast and Furious” franchise star and noted humanitarian.
Jordana Brewster, who played Walker’s onscreen love interest in four “Fast” movies, had a touching reaction Sunday morning.
Paul was pure light. I cannot believe he is gone.
– Jordana Brewster (@JordanaBrewster) December 1, 2013
//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Lin, who directed Walker in three “Fast” films also went to twitter with his thoughts.
In a business that barely requires it, @RealPaulWalker was relentlessly selfless, genuine & trying to be better every day. Love you brother
– Justin Lin (@trailingjohnson) December 1, 2013
My heart goes out to Meadow and everyone else affected by this terrible loss. We will all miss you my friend. We love you. RIP Paul Walker.
– Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) December 1, 2013
Very sad to hear about Paul Walker. Far too young.
– edgarwright (@edgarwright) December 1, 2013
R.I.P. Paul Walker. Wow! So sad. Prayers for his friends and family.
– KELENDRIA ROWLAND (@KELLYROWLAND) December 1, 2013
I’m Heart broken Paul Walker, he was a mate of mine, very sad. My heart goes out to his daughter.
– Idris Elba (@idriselba) December 1, 2013
Heartbroken. Sending love to the Walker and Rodas families pic.twitter.com/wtwudvCXSr
– Piper Perabo (@PiperPerabo) December 1, 2013
Heavy heavy heart tonight. Paul Walker was a genuinely good, sweet, kind, laid back, loving person. Sending much love to his family.
– olivia wilde (@oliviawilde) December 1, 2013
Had the pleasure of meeting Paul when we worked together on Flags Of Our Fathers. My thoughts are with his family & friends. #RIP
– Jamie Bell (@1jamiebell) December 1, 2013
RIP Paul Walker,loved working with you on “Into the Blue”. I Will miss you.
– Tyson Beckford (@TysonCBeckford) December 1, 2013
I don’t know what to say. Paul was a good guy,a decent man & he’ll be missed.I’m glad I knew you! My heart goes out to Meadow & his family.
– Leslie Bibb (@mslesliebibb) December 1, 2013
– Usher Raymond IV (@Usher) December 1, 2013
– Lil’ Kim (@LilKim) December 1, 2013
What a tragic loss. Paul Walker was such a gem, so kind and always had a smile on his face. http://t.co/Ya0fgi3O3z
– Amy Smart (@AmySmart26) December 1, 2013
So sad to hear about Paul Walker. He was a pleasure to work with, a true gentleman and a humble soul. Prayers and love to his family.
– Reese Witherspoon (@RWitherspoon) December 1, 2013
Shocked over the news about Paul Walker..so sad. My heart goes out to his family & loved ones. He was a kind beautiful soul
– Denise Richards (@DENISE_RICHARDS) December 1, 2013