Cate Blanchett arrived at the Oscars with — almost inarguably — the dress of the night. Enjoy it here.
– Alex Goldschmidt (@alexandergold) February 29, 2016
Here's what she is transmitting in just this photo.
1. “This was a plain dress twenty minutes ago but I used method acting to make a beautiful garden appear.”
2. “I have swan DNA.”
3. “I'm a more aerodynamic Katharine Hepburn.”
4. “I'm a slightly unsharpened Tilda Swinton and you should fear me for it.”
5. “Every facial expression I have is devastating, including this one.”
Thank you, Cate. Just thank you.