A Woman Claims To Have Found A Bloody Fingertip In Her Salad At Applebee’s

Entertainment Editor


For once, it looks like the restaurant staff has given a tip to the diner. Unfortunately, for a woman from Paso Robles, it was a fingertip. The offending digit was found in the most innocuous of dishes – a Chinese Chicken Salad – which Cathleen Martin and her family ate from on December 20th. In a statement from her lawyer, Mrs. Martin expressed the sentiments you’d expect:

“It was so gross. I’m on pins and needles worrying about what my family might have been exposed to.”

Luckily (kinda), Applebee’s management stepped up to the plate, investigated the dismembered limb, confirmed that there had been an accident in their kitchen, and then had their employee screened for any potential diseases. A media spokesman for the restaurant confirmed this:
“Additionally, the team member involved volunteered to undergo screening in an effort to provide the peace of mind Mrs. Martin seeks. Further, we are retraining our team members on our safety protocols and will take any necessary actions to prevent anything like this from occurring again.”

While this nightmarish situation ruined the lunch of the Martin family, sometimes things like this elicit change. Now, hopefully, a laminated sign hangs in the kitchen reading, “Please do not let any missing pieces of your body fall into the food – Management.”

(Via San Luis Bispo)

Around The Web

UPROXX Travel Instagram