We here at Uproxx love our readers, which is exactly why we bring you this column. We want you to be comfortable and well-informed. Relaxed and educated. Hell, liquored up and entertained.
This week is a good time to embrace fall with the Pumpkin Spiced Cable Car, brought to you by Firefly in Studio City, California. It’s a nice sipping drink as the leaves start to change. We also hand-picked a few choice pieces, some science, some pop-culture, some just for fun, but all worth looking back on while you wind down.
This week, we discussed:
- The fierce Black Mamba anti poaching unit
- Burning Man through photos (in two parts)
- Obama showing Bear Grylls he can hang
We spent time pondering and investigating:
- What the hell Pluto is all about
- Just how rad Bethany Hamilton is
- If the Lakers can win back our hearts
We looked back on:
- The musical guests of The Fresh Prince
- The missing link
- Howard Stern on the morning of the 9/11 attacks
And we looked forward to:
- Winter coming (Game of Thrones, not actual winter)
- The future of football none of us saw coming
- Some more Hollywood destruction-on-a-mass-scale (which looks like a tone of fun)
- Stephen Colbert getting back on the air, and everything that entails
So kick back, relax and enjoy this week’s Uproxx collection along with this pumpkin spiced concoction brought to you by the Firefly bar manager David Castagnetti.
Pumpkin Spiced Cable Car
1.5 oz. spiced rum
.25 oz. lemon juice
.25 oz. orange juice
.75 oz. house made pumpkin syrup
Cinnamon/sugar for rim
Shake ingredients with ice, then strain into a cup.
Rim glass with cinnamon sugar.
Garnish with candied ginger and sage leaf.
**CONTINUE DOWN THE PAGE FOR LAST WEEK’S DRINK**