Seth Stewart is currently starring on Broadway in a little-known Lin-Manuel Miranda-created production called Hamilton (fingers crossed it will make it big someday) as Thomas Jefferson and Marquis de Lafayette. But, in-between performances, he was nice enough to answer a few questions for us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Johnnie Black on the rocks, every time.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Probably Lin and Elon Musk.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
Mr. Robot. And waiting for the new Stranger Things, that’s my jam!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Fried Chicken and waffles…definitely!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
Cadillac.com and Motherboard: Because, well, I love Cadillacs, and I care about the environment.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
The Roots “75 bars” before my show, A Tribe Called Quest “Space Program,” and Mos Def “Umi Says.”
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Ohhh, quite a few. But I’m trying to be all Buddhist and chill and shit.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
You don’t want to know.
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs and elephants.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Prince by far. But Usher was a close second!
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Or As You Think, depending on the person.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Believed in me.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Oh tough one, but Family Guy. I mean Stewie is my jam!
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Go hiking with people who can teach me more about wild edibles. See a Jill Scott concert that night, and then something very despicable that evening.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Matrix or The Goonies. “Hey you guuuuys!”
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
Ohio State Buckeyes football and the NY Giants.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
In London at some fancy Indian spot, like the oldest one out there I believe. It felt like food sex/ecstasy, which I know nothing about.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Moana, and I actually shed a tear. It touched me in a heart place.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
First? Winnie Cooper from The Wonder Years, duh!!! Or Pamela Anderson actually, LOL. Now, Kehlani…possibly, I haven’t thought about these things.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I would ask him to call up Snoop Dogg and Stephen Hawking so I could actually have a good time!