Ellie Bamber is an English actress probably best known for her work in theater in the UK. Currently, she stars alongside Amy Adams, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Michael Shannon in Tom Ford’s Nocturnal Animals. She will soon co-star in Extracurricular Activities alongside Veep’s Tim Simons and Colin Ford. Ellie was nice enough to answer our 20 questions questionaire recently.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Sadly I can’t answer this one, I’m underage!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
The Academy New York on Instagram.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Netflix’s The Crown with my good friend Matt Smith.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
I would start off with pork soup dumplings as my appetizer. Then for my main courses I’d have my mom’s spaghetti bolognese and chicken with black bean sauce over rice. For dessert I’ll have sticky toffee pudding. Oh and if it’s not too much, I’d also take a cheese plate with a baguette, and some chamomile tea and hot chocolate to drink!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
At the moment: “Black Beatles” by Rae Sremmurd, but of all time: “93 to Infinity” by Souls of Mischief or “Obsessions” by Marina and the Diamonds
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
I would tell my six-months-ago self to HAVE WAY MORE FUN!
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
The meaning of “If Young Metro Don’t Trust You, I’m Gon’ Shoot You” — I had to know what the beginning of all these Drake songs meant!
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Three: Arctic Monkeys in London in Finsbury Park, Florence and the Machine at Hollywood Bowl in LA, and Jungle at Bestival.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
“Touching From a Distance” by Deborah Curtis
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My 11-year-old brother gave up his trip to Disneyland once so that I could do a stage production.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Wake up and eat; watch a movie; go to a concert; meet friends; cook; and go out dancing.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Royal Tenenbaums
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Nocturnal Animals ;)
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
PREVIOUSLY: Kathleen Madigan