Jessica Pohly is an actress currently starring alongside Pee-wee Herman in Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, which is cuurently available for streaming on Netflix. You may have also seen her on Modern Family, Stalker, and Bella and the Bulldogs.
Jessica was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
A Negroni. Light on the vermouth. Please and thank you :)
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
Amy Schumer. Girl keeps it REAL.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Timely, no? I recorded it recently even though I’ve seen it before. It just gets more and more real….
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
No! I don’t want to die! Fine. Grass fed burger. Medium. And since I’m dying anyway I’m EATING THE BUN.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I check CNN every morning but I’m not sure why. I’ll admit I’m on IMDB quite a bit. Since my career is just starting I really like seeing who works with who. It’s like my actor encyclopedia. Also I love dictionary.com. I LOVE learning new words. Racy, I know.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
I had a bad day yesterday so I went to the gym and listened to “Shake It Off”on repeat. So, my iPhone probably thinks that’s my favorite right now. In truth it’s the only Tay song I have. Sorry Tay.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Lighten up! You’re doing fine! I’ve always been a really hard worker and sometimes I take things too seriously. My Dad used to tell me that I never cracked a smile before the age of 4. He found it hilarious. (Emoji blank stare.)
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
“Father daughter relationships.”
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Regina Spektor. She is a one woman FORCE.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The History Of Love.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Love me after they found out I’m not perfect. I have a small and mighty group of amazing friends who have stuck by my side through good times and bad and it always strikes me as miraculous. I’m very lucky.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Oof. Tough one. On a good day Family Guy. When I’m mad at the world South Park.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I would drive out to the desert and find some hot springs and just SOAK.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Bridesmaids. It’s total genius and never gets old to me.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
The Brooklyn Hipsters. They were doing OK for a while but it’s been a rough couple of seasons.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
I’m from New York! I’ve had 300 best meals of my life! Seriously, I live in LA now and I really miss the food in NY. I used to work in some great restaurants there so I’ve had some pretty amazing meals and I feel really lucky to have been exposed to such exceptional fare.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Mad Max Fury Road and I’m so glad I did! I rarely go to the movies but this is one that should really be seen on the big screen.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Axl Rose. Oh, come on. You kinda see my point.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
PREVIOUSLY: Paula Pell