Lauren Elizabeth Luthringshausen is probably best known for being a bit of a YouTube sensation. Currently, she’s starring in Bad Night, a film that also stars fellow YouTube sensation Jenn McAllister alongside the likes of Matt Walsh, June Diane Raphael, Adam Pally, and Casey Wilson. It premieres Tuesday July 21 on Vimeo On Demand.
Bad Night is interesting in that it’s a film featuring two YouTube celebrities as leads surrounded by a supporting cast of professional actors that’s been screened exclusively online. Writing about Bad Night — which tells the story of two high school girls (Luthringshausen and McAllister) mistaken for art thieves — the Daily Dot‘s Audra Schroeder writes:
This is a logical evolution. As (YouTube) grows, more and more YouTubers are reaching the million-follower mark, a digital yardstick for success. Their fanbases can be leveraged for new projects, which means studios can minimize risk and expect a built-in audience. That’s good for the studios, which are, after all, businesses.
Lauren was nice enough to take a few minutes out of her busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I just turned 21, so I don’t really go to bars yet. I’m still in my, “I’ll have a water with lemon, please,” phase because you gotta make sure you get the lemon benefits!
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
I love following all my subscribers on Twitter, especially because they probably don’t think I see the funny things they tweet, but I totally do love creepin’ on them!
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
The Bachelorette is always waiting for me on DVR because Jenn (McAllister) and I watch it together and have to wait til we both have a free night to binge watch the drama!
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Honestly, it’s a constant toss up between sushi and Mexican food.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I’m a workaholic, so, honestly, I really only go on Gmail and Google calendar on a regular basis… I must sound really cool.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Drake’s new mixtape has been on every playlist I’ve made since it dropped.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable?”
Jenn. Hahaha, 90 percent kidding because we actually both box and want to box each other one day. That would make a killer YouTube video.
8. What’s the last thing you googled?
How to spell workaholic for one of the last questions I answered.
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I saw Krewella and Calvin Harris in Vegas, and I decided right then that they were the best concerts I’ve seen, and I’m becoming a DJ now.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
A self-help book from Urban Outfitters that will not only improve your quality of life, but coffee table aesthetic.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Honestly, I have the best friends and family back home in Chicago, and whenever they fly out or just continue to support me from back home makes me feel so happy and blessed to have that support system keeping me grounded.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Family Guy over everything, I have all the box sets. I’m a keeper.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Lay. Literally just lay. Either in my bed or at the beach. Exciting stuff, I know.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Parent Trap because Dennis Quaid is the real star.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
The Blackhawks all the way. I’m from Chicago and grew up in a hockey rink. I mean, I had a house, too, of course, but my brother played hockey, so I was always there after school and on the weekends with my mom.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
I just had an amazing meal in Hilton Head with my family and, honestly, any restaurant my lovely food writer mom takes us to.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Oh man, I don’t get out much… I think it was Divergent.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I had my One Direction phase. Let’s just say that.
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
Turkey burgers are my specialty!
PREVIOUSLY: Jack Griffo of Sharknado 3.