Omar J. Dorsey is an actor perhaps best known for his roles in The Blind Side, Selma, and Django Unchained. You may have also seen him on TV shows like Eastbound & Down and Ray Donovan. Currently he stars in the Oprah Winfrey Network’s Queen Sugar, in addition to starring in Thank You For Your Service opposite Amy Schumer and Miles Teller.
Omar was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I usually walk up to the bartender and ask for a Basil Hayden Bourbon, two ice cubes.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
Vice Principals is just waiting for me to press play in the DVR.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
My last meal would be a Caesar salad with extra dressing, BBQ chicken pizza with onions and jalapeños from Anthony’s Pizza in downtown Avondale Estates, Georgia, and a slice of my mother’s red velvet cake.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
I visit ESPN.com.go about 30 times a day.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Most played song on my phone is the “Flava In Your Ear” remix. I usually just listen to Biggie’s verse and go to another song after that.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
If I could go back and tell my 18-year-old self something it would be to never pick up a cigarette.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
The last thing I Googled was “what was Gene Hackman’s first movie?”
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Best concert in my life was the Atlanta Hot 97 (now 107.9) birthday bash in the spring of 1996 at the Neighborhood Playhouse in Little 5 point. Outkast, Fugees, MJG & 8ball. I snuck in for free acting like I was a roadie.