We haven’t heard much about the Power Rangers movie directed by Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) with a script from X-Men: First Class co-writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz. So far, we’ve just been rounding up rumors, like the one about Rita Repulsa being the main villain and the one about a possible plot synopsis.
Now Collider has obtained what they believe to be official character descriptions from a Power Rangers casting call. You can read the full descriptions over there, but here’s a familiar-looking summary of the five high school students, all aged 17 (meaning the actors will be 26 or so), who will be donning the spandex next:
- Jason — Was a star quarterback until he crashed his car, ending his football career and leaving him rudderless. He’ll find redemption in leading a group who will “shed their individual baggage and find who they truly are.”
- Kimberly — Used to be popular until she was absent from school for six months and rumors flew as to why she left. She returned with a rebellious attitude which is “masking a deep secret that makes her feel profoundly vulnerable.”
- Trini — The smart new girl at school who acts like a loner but desperately wants friends.
- Billy — Asperger’s and OCD, because every one of these teen movies need that kid.
- Zack — The “life of the party, filled with bravado and swagger,” which is masking his insecurity about living in a trailer park.