Ken Marino is no stranger to comedy nerds who know and love him from his work on The State, Childrens Hospital, Party Down and Eastbound and Down, among others. He’s also done guest spots on everything from Reno 911! to Dawson’s Creek. Currently he’s starring in the new NBC comedy, Marry Me, from Happy Endings mastermind David Caspe. The show premieres October 14th and will air Tuesday nights at 9pm EST.
Ken was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few questions from us.
1. You walk into a bar. What do your order from the bartender?
Skinnygirl margarita, hold the margarita.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
@marrymewriters And NOT because they tweet about me a lot. (Okay, it is because they tweet about me a lot : P )
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
A critically acclaimed, thought provoking, soul fortifying episode of Love It Or List It.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
The all-you-can-buffet at the Stratosphere in Vegas. Then, if I don’t stop eating, they can’t kill me and THAT’s how you buck the system!
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
huffingtonpost, espn and howtoanswerinterviews.com
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
“I Hope I Get It” from Chorus Line. It’s also the ONLY song on my iPod.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Nick Kroll (LOOK IT UP!)
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I don’t have a favorite. They’re all great. (What’s a meme?)
9. Dogs or cats?
10. Best concert of your life was…?
I loved every second of the last Nicki Minaj concert. Even though my kids were all, “This concert is inappropriate for us!” and “What’s a stupid hoe?”
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
You’re Doing It Wrong by Michael Ian Black
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Filled out this questionnaire.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
Axe Cop (LOOK IT UP!)
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Pilates. Pilates. Pilates. Drink a bottle of Tequila. Pilates. Throw out empty bottle of Tequila.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Crossroads. I’m also not a girl, not yet a woman… and I don’t know if I’ll ever be. (EDITOR’S NOTE: Just a reminder that Crossroads was written by Shonda Rhimes of Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice & Scandal fame.)
16. What’s your favorite sports team or teams?
I’m from New York so the Knicks, Yankees and Giants. I love New Orleans, so also the Saints. My cousin, Jason Grilli, plays for the Anaheim Angels, so I’m converting.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
Italy. There was this amazing McDonalds in Florence.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
Boyhood. Incredible how they found 13 super similar looking, various aged kids to play the main part.
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Jacqueline Smith. I’m still into her. Is she single?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
I would cook Nic Cage because that motherf*cker is crazy enough and cool enough that he would wind up hanging out and eating himself. And that would blow my mind, watching him eat his mind.
PREVIOUSLY: Xosha Roquemore Of The Mindy Project