Grimes Was Electrocuted Onstage While Performing In Dublin

03.16.16 2 years ago 15 Comments

There are a lot of good things about being a professional musician, especially one at the level of Grimes. Famous, but not oppressively so that you can’t leave your house. That being said, generally speaking, if you’ve reached a certain stage of your career, you shouldn’t have to worry about getting electrocuted repeatedly while performing. Apparently, on one night in Ireland, this was too much for Grimes to ask.

You can see a glimpse of Grimes’ performance in this Instagram video above where it does appear like she may get shocked. That may sound morbid, but it’s not like she’s a bad guy in Home Alone here. Thankfully, it’s not too graphic.

Now, the woman also known as Claire Boucher is fine. Her repeated electrocutions in Dublin on Tuesday were evidently not too serious, although let us not underplay the concept of being electrocuted multiple times. Evidently, she had some malfunctioning audio equipment (in a tweet she mentions a pedal failing, but she also didn’t seem too upset about the whole thing) and multiple songs had to be cut short due to technical difficulties, despite her still being game to perform.

All that being said, Grimes seems undeterred by her rough, electrically charged evening. She got multiple people tweeting her screengrabs of Frank Grimes, or Grimey as he liked to be called, electrocuting himself to death, and she had a sense of humor about it all. Hopefully she gets all her technical issues sorted out, allowing Grimes to avoid future electric shocks.

(Via Stereogum)

Around The Web