Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free AEW Dynamite results for October 30, 2019. The Halloween edition of the show featured the finals of the AEW Tag Team Championship tournament, an appearance from the legendary Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, The Elite in six-man tag team action, and more. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Ins and Outs of AEW Dynamite column.
AEW Dynamite Results:
– Through a closed door backstage, Jon Moxley yelled at Tony Khan about making his match with Kenny Omega at Full Gear an unsanctioned match, promising that what happens to Khan’s “boy” will be on his hands.
1. ‘Hangman’ Adam Page defeated Sammy Guevara with the Buckshot Lariat.
2. Hikaru Shida defeated Shanna, Portugal’s Perfect Athlete. Shida won with a running knee strike.
– The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express arrived with the AEW Tag Team Championship belts to present to the winners of the tournament, but were jumped by Santana and Ortiz. They continued the attack, including powerbombing Ricky Morton through the stage, until The Young Bucks made the save.
– Tony Schiavone interviewed Cody Rhodes in the back of a limo, talking to him about his family and the new stipulation for his AEW World Championship match against Chris Jericho at Full Gear: if the match reaches a 60-minute time limit, a group of judges will determine the winner.
3. Best Friends and Orange Cassidy defeated John Silver, Alex Reynolds, and QT Marshall. Best Friends and Cassidy came to the ring dressed as Rick, Morty, and (I guess) Cool Rick. Cassidy eventually shed his costume, and the Best Friends won with Strong Zero. Watch their entrance here.
– Chris Jericho and Cody had a contract signing for their championship match. Jericho was dressed in a David S. Pumpkins jacket and made a big deal about keeping things non-violent and professional. It was all a ruse, as the other members of the Inner Circle were assaulting Dustin Rhodes in the parking lot. They smashed his head into a limo and slammed his arm in the car door before driving off.
4. Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks defeated The Hybrid 2 (Jack Evans and Angelico) and Kip Sabian. Omega had a full Undertale costume entrance, and the Bucks brought back their Ken and Ryu costumes. Omega won with a V-Trigger and the One-Winged Angel on Jack Evans.
— TDE Wrestling (@tde_wrestling) October 31, 2019
– After the match, Santana and Ortiz attacked the Young Bucks.
– The Librarians Peter Avalon and Leva Bates showed up, and Avalon ran down Charleston. Jon Moxley interrupted from the crowd and hit the Paradigm Shift on Avalon. Moxley cut a promo on the “unsanctioned match” with Omega, complaining that AEW is setting it up so the match doesn’t count when he wins. Moxley says Omega’s blood is on AEW’s hands, and that the executives who want to make him “unsanctionable” can kiss his ass.
5. AEW Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals: SCU defeated Lucha Bros. Lucha Bros set up for a package piledriver and top rope double stomp combination, but Scorpio Sky was able to counter into an inside cradle and pin Pentagon to win the match, the tournament, and the AEW Tag Team Championship.