Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
At WWE Hell in Cell on the award-winning WWE Network, The Wyatt Family made off with The Undertaker moments after his vicious battle with Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio returned to WWE and captured the United States Title, and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins extinguished Kane’s demonic – and corporate – fire. What does all of this mean for tonight’s Raw? WWE.com has some ideas. — via WWE.com
Alright, well, we’re sure their ideas are lovely, but here’s our own five-point preview:
1. Vince McMahon was reportedly furious that Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker got hella bloody during their Hell in a Cell main event. Will tonight’s show will be delayed by 20 minutes as crew members have been fervently wrapping all of the WWE Superstars and Divas in bubble wrap, then making them wear those inflatable sumo suits just in case? Probably not, but don’t think he didn’t think about it.
2. The New Day retained their tag belts, but now Xavier Woods is a haunted tromboner. Will John Cena’s US Title Open Challenge be replaced by a Tough Enough-style competition to see who can be the temporary third man to heckle and make sad musical instrument noises during New Day matches? Or is this finally Sasha Banks’ opportunity to join The New Day for real?
3. Alberto Del Rio returned with everyone’s favorite racist old uncle Zeb Colter. He did not do any backstage interviews, and will supposedly speak tonight on what made him return to a company he publicly called out for racist practices for over a year. Yes…the real reason. That’s a thing they’ll let him say out loud on TV where people can see and hear him.
4. Charlotte retained her Divas championship, but during the post-match celebration Paige completely ignored PCB teammate Becky Lynch. Will this be a very special Halloween episode wherein we find out that Becky Lynch is secretly a saucy steampunk ghost lady that only JBL can see?
5. Kane is no longer director of operations. Will the Authority replace him? Will this open the door for more surprise returns? Will it be that little guy from Slipknot who punched the NXT werewolf man? Teddy Long? Sasha Banks? If we just keep saying Sasha Banks, will she be more of thing?
As always, we’re including 10 of our favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. To nominate your favorites for consideration, reply to them with a +1.
Enjoy the show!