Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Royal Rumble 2016 results. The show was headlined by the Royal Rumble match, featuring the WWE World Heavyweight Champion defending in the Rumble for the fist time since 1992.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Royal Rumble 2016 column.
WWE Royal Rumble 2016 Results:
– Kickoff Match: Jack Swagger and Mark Henry defeated The Ascension, The Dudley Boyz, and Damien Sandow and Darren Young. This earned Henry and Swagger spots in the Royal Rumble match.
1. Last Man Standing Match: Dean Ambrose (c) defeated Kevin Owens. Ambrose retained after shoving Owens off the top rope through two tables at ringside.
2. Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) defeated The Usos. Before the match, Xavier Woods debuted his new trombone, Francesca II. New Day retained the championship after countering a top rope splash attempt into The Big Ending.
3. United States Championship: Kalisto defeated Alberto Del Rio (c). Kalisto pinned Del Rio with a Salida del Sol to win his second United States Championship.
4. Divas Championship Match: Charlotte (c) defeated Becky Lynch. Ric Flair interfered, tossing his jacket in Becky’s face. Charlotte hit a spear to win the match and retain the championship. After the match, Sasha Banks came to the ring, challenged Charlotte, teased an allegiance and ultimately locked her in the Banks Statement.
5. Royal Rumble Match: Triple H was the winner. AJ Styles made his WWE debut, entering at #3. He lasted in the match until he was eliminated by Kevin Owens. Owens was eliminated by Sami Zayn in another unexpected moment. Near the middle of the match, Vince McMahon and the League of Nations pulled Roman out through the ropes and incapacitated him, putting him through a table. Roman was taken away by EMTs. Brock Lesnar was eliminated by the already-eliminated Wyatt Family in a 4-on-1 attack. Roman returned late in the match to get a batch of eliminations. Triple H entered at #30.
The final four were Triple H, Sheamus, Reigns and Dean Ambrose. Reigns eliminated Sheamus with a Superman Punch, only to be eliminated by Triple H. Triple H eliminated Ambrose to win the Rumble match and become the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship.