A Man Has Been Shot At The WWE Performance Center In Orlando [UPDATED]

Reports are now coming in that a man has been shot outside of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.

WFTV 9 is reporting that the deputy-involved shooting happened shortly before 1 p.m. ET, and that the attacker had visited the Performance Center a few days prior, but was arrested. WWE employees are currently being interviewed by the police, but no further details have been released.

More on the story as it develops.

**UPDATE**

Triple H has released the following statement via Twitter:

Unfortunately a deranged individual with no WWE affiliation, who had a court order prohibiting him from being on WWE property was involved in an incident with an Orange County Sherriff’s deputy in the parking lot of the WWE Performance Center. We defer to the Orange County Sherriff’s department for further comment and information.

**UPDATE**

It’s now being reported that the man was allegedly obsessed with a female WWE performer, though it has not been said which one. The man charged at a deputy with a knife, and was shot once. He is currently in the hospital.

**UPDATE**

Here are the details from the Sheriff’s news conference, via WFTV 9:

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said the 29-year-old man had a fixation with a female wrestler and had been causing problems at the facility to the point officials there have been hiring off-duty deputies for extra security.

Demings said no deputies were on the WWE campus Monday but two nearby plain-clothes deputies responded.
The man told the deputies he was possibly armed with a knife, so the deputies had weapons drawn when they approached him, Demings said. The man then charged one of the deputies, who fired once as he retreated roughly 75 feet, authorities said.

The man was struck and was taken to a local hospital where his name and condition have not been released. Demings said the Sheriff’s Office has encountered the man before and he was most recently arrested on Aug. 4 for trespass after warning.

**UPDATE**

PWInsider is now reporting the identity and current condition of the man shot.

Sources close to the investigation of today’s shooting at the WWE Performance Center have identified the suspect, who was shot by a Detective this afternoon, as 29 year-old Armando Alejandro Montalvo.

WWE took an injunction out recently against someone of the same name in an attempt to keep him from trespassing on the WWE Performance Center property in Florida. There had been multiple incidents of Montalvo showing up demanding a job, threatening talent and even throwing feces on the Performance Center building.

The WWE personality in question that the suspect had a “fixation” with was not on site today, but it’s not unusual for well known WWE personalities to visit. On those days, WWE increases the security.

The suspect is currently in surgery at Orlando Regional Medical Center with “life-threatening” injuries.

×