It has become an annual summer tradition to watch the slow and steady roll-out of news and roster announcements for the latest edition of WWE 2K. The latest big news to come from 2K Sports regarding WWE 2K17 is that the game will have an exclusive “Collector’s Edition” focused on the NXT brand, featuring Shinsuke Nakamura and a whole lot more.
The NXT Edition was announced to press during a conference call with Nakamura and Paul “Triple H” Levesque. Levesque claimed the game will be “the biggest and the baddest” edition to date. He went on to discuss the Collector’s Edition and spoke about how thrilled he is that NXT has grown into a legitimate global third brand. He said NXT is one of the most-watched programs on the WWE Network and referred to the brand as “the bedrock” of their over-the-top platform.
Levesque insisted that he wanted to make sure the NXT Edition of the game would offer something truly special for NXT fans. It will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox one. The NXT Edition will be limited to 50,000 copies worldwide and will be available for pre-order beginning on Thursday, July 14. The collector’s edition retails for $99.99 in the United States, but you’ll be getting a whole lot of bang for your buck. Levesque listed all of the things you will get in this collector’s edition bundle:
– A copy of the WWE 2K17 NXT Collector’s Edition video game
– NXT enhancement package with playable characters like Nia Jax, Apollo Crews and Shinsuke Nakamura
– 50 percent boost for points earned while playing in NXT career mode
– Rob Schamberger lithograph autographed by Shinsuke Nakamura
– 8-inch exclusive “Demon” Finn Bálor figurine
– One of 14 trading cards with an authentic piece of ring canvas from the NXT TakeOver: London live event
– Access to the Goldberg pre-order content for WWE 2K17