Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Backlash 2016 results. The show was headlined by a WWE Championship match between the champion, Dean Ambrose, and the challenger, AJ Styles. Also on the show, WWE named its first Smackdown Women’s and Tag Team Champions.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE Backlash column.
WWE Backlash 2016 Results:
– Kickoff Match: Baron Corbin defeated Apollo Crews. Corbin pinned Crews after an End of Days.
1. Six-Pack Challenge for the Smackdown Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch defeated Natalya, Naomi, Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss and Carmella to become the first Smackdown Women’s Champion. Naomi eliminated Alexa Bliss after a Natalya powerbomb/blockbuster combination. Natalya eliminated Naomi with a Sharpshooter. Nikki Bella eliminated Natalya with a TKO, and Carmella quickly eliminated Bella with a roll-up. Becky Lynch tapped out Carmella with the Disarm-her to win the match and become the first Smackdown Women’s Champion.
2. Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals Match: The Usos defeated The Hype Bros. Jimmy Uso won with a Tequila Sunrise on Zack Ryder. They move on to the finals against Heath Slater and Rhyno later in the show.
3. Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz (c) defeated Dolph Ziggler. Miz used Daniel Bryan’s moves throughout the match. Miz got a cheap win with a Skull-crushing Finale after Maryse sprayed Ziggler in the face with hairspray.
4. Bray Wyatt defeated Randy Orton. Wyatt attacked Orton backstage, injuring him. Orton couldn’t compete, so Wyatt won the match by count-out.