After months and months of anticipation, the WWE Cruiserweight Classic is almost upon us. On Thursday night, Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida hosted the first set of tapings for this summer tournament, which will begin airing on the WWE Network weekly beginning July 13 (with a special bracketology episode airing on July 6).
By now, you’ve certainly become familiar with the participants and even prepared yourself for the last-minute replacement of our dear, beloved Zumbi. If you don’t want to have this sure-to-be-glorious tournament spoiled for yourself, please read no further.
Okay, you have been warned. Read on at your own peril, you curious dickens, you.
Here are the complete results for the June 23 WWE Cruiserweight Classic tapings.
Mike Rome served as the ring announcer and commentators Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranallo were at the announce booth, as promised. The evening was announced to feature the entire first round of the tournament.
1. Gran Metalik defeated Alejandro Saez via pinfall with the Dorada Screwdriver.
2. Ho Ho Lun defeated Ariya Daivari via pinfall with a German suplex.
3. Cedric Alexander defeated Clement Petiot via pinfall after a Lumbar Check.
4. The Brian Kendrick defeated Raul Mendoza via choke submission.
5. Tajiri defeated Damian Slater via pinfall after a kick to the head.
6. TJ Perkins defeated Da Mack via submission with the Figure Four Deathlock.
7. Lince Dorado defeated Mustafa Ali via pinfall after a shooting star press.
8. Akira Tozawa defeated Kenneth Johnson via pinfall with a deadlift German suplex.
9. Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tyson Dux via armbar submission.
10. Drew Gulak defeated Harv Sihra via submission with a guillotine choke.
11. Tony Nese defeated Anthony Bennett via pinfall following a 450 splash.
12. Kota Ibushi defeated Sean Maluta via pinfall with a sitout powerbomb.
13. Rich Swann defeated Jason Lee via pinfall with the standing 450 splash.
14. Noam Dar defeated Gurv Sihra via leg submission.
15. Jack Gallagher defeated Fabian Aichner via pinfall after a running dropkick.
16. Johnny Gargano defeated Tommaso Ciampa with a crucifix pin.