Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Extreme Rules 2015 results. The show was headlined by a cage match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship between champion Seth Rollins and challenger Randy Orton, with Kane as the “gatekeeper” and the RKO banned. Lots of stuff happened.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Extreme Rules 2015 column.
WWE Extreme Rules 2015 Results:
– Pre-show Match: Neville defeated Bad News Barrett. Before the match, Barrett announced that Daniel Bryan was not medically cleared to compete and that he’d be wrestling Neville instead. Neville won by pinfall with the Red Arrow.
1. Chicago Street Fight: Dean Ambrose defeated Luke Harper. Ambrose and Harper brawled around the building and into the back, where they fought into a car and drove away. They returned later in the show and ended up fighting in a pile of steel chairs. Ambrose won with Dirty Deeds.
2. Kiss Me Arse Match: Dolph Ziggler defeated Sheamus. Ziggler defeated Sheamus with a rollup. Per the match stipulation, Sheamus was supposed to kiss Ziggler’s “arse.” Sheamus resisted, hit Ziggler in the balls and Brogue Kicked him. He then rubbed Ziggler’s unconscious face on his buttcheek.
3. Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day defeated Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (c). Xavier Woods got on the apron to cause a distraction, ultimately allowing Kofi Kingston to roll up Cesaro and win the match. Kingston and Big E are the new tag team champions.
4. Russian Chain Match for the United States Championship: John Cena (c) defeated Rusev. Cena won by hitting an Attitude Adjustment and touching all four corners of the ring.
5. Divas Championship Match: Nikki Bella (c) defeated Naomi. Nikki won with a Rack Attack after Brie Bella kicked Naomi during a referee distraction.
6. Last Man Standing Match: Roman Reigns defeated Big Show. Reigns speared Big Show through the Spanish announce table, then turned over the domestic announce table onto him to keep Show down for a 10 count.
– Ryback beat up Bo Dallas.
7. Steel Cage Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship with Kane as the gatekeeper and the RKO banned: Seth Rollins (c) defeated Randy Orton. Kane chokeslammed J&J Security and both Rollins and Orton. Orton fought back and hit Kane with an RKO. Rollins then hit an RKO on ORTON before escaping the cage.