Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Extreme Rules 2016 results. The show was headlined by an Extreme Rules match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship between the champion Roman Reigns and the challenger AJ Styles.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of WWE Extreme Rules 2016 report.
WWE Extreme Rules Results:
1. Kickoff Match: Baron Corbin defeated Dolph Ziggler. Corbin won after a low blow followed by End of Days.
2. Tag Team Tornado Match: The Club defeated The Usos. The Club won with the Magic Killer.
3. United States Championship Match: Rusev defeated Kalisto (c). Rusev won by submission with The Accolade after slamming Kalisto from the top rope to the ring apron. Rusev is the new United States Champion.
4. Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) defeated The Vaudevillains. Xavier Woods pinned Simon Gotch after a Shining Wizard.
5. Fatal Four-way for the Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) defeated Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Cesaro. Miz stole a pin on Cesaro after a Helluva Kick from Sami Zayn.
6. Asylum Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Chris Jericho. Ambrose pinned Jericho after Dirty Deeds onto thumbtacks.
7. Submission Match for the WWE Women’s Championship: Charlotte (c) defeated Natalya. Dana Brooke came to the ring dressed as Ric Flair to distract Natalya, allowing Charlotte to lock in the Figure-Eight and win. After the match, Charlotte, Dana and Ric Flair celebrated.
8. Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns (c) defeated AJ Styles. The Club and The Usos both interfered, but Reigns was able to counter a Phenomenal Forearm with a spear to retain the championship. After the match, Seth Rollins returned and hit Reigns with a Pedigree.