Just one day after NXT TakeOver: The End, the yellow brand is back in action at Full Sail in Winter Park, Florida. Please be aware that everything you read in the subsequent paragraphs is an actual, massive, legitimate spoiler for what will happen over the next several weeks of NXT television. You may read on only at your own risk. But if you’re the sort of person who just simply cannot wait until next week to find out what happens next, congratulations! This post is for you!
Results from the 6/9/16 NXT tapings:
There were reportedly three weeks’ worth of tapings on Thursday night, which would take NXT television all the way through June 29. As such, there is set to be one more set of NXT tapings prior to the brand split.
– In a dark match, Tucker Knight defeated Patrick Clark
– The Authors of Pain (accompanied by Paul Ellering) destroyed two local talents in a squash match, getting the pin following their lariat/Russian leg sweep double-team move
– Carmella defeated the returning Tessa Blanchard via her leg choke submission hold
– TM61 defeated an Alexa Bliss-less Blake and Murphy. Heel miscommunication led to a defeat, as Blake hit Murphy with an errant clothesline, allowing TM61 to hit their finisher for the pin. Following the match, Murphy yelled at Blake at ringside
– In a rematch from TakeOver, Andrade “Cien” Almas once again defeated Tye Dillinger. The crowd was reportedly solidly behind Dillinger, while Almas received a mixed reaction
– Finn Bálor came to the ring in street clothes and pondered what was next for him in a promo. He was interrupted by Shinsuke Nakamura, who called Bálor an icon of NXT. Nakamura says that before he can challenge for the NXT title, he has to beat Bálor. They agree to a BABYFACE RESPECT MATCH at a future date
– Ember Moon – the renamed Athena – defeated Mandy Rose by hitting the O-Face, which is her diving cutter finisher. Conflicting reports on this, as it was either a dark match or will serve as the television debut for both women
– Oney Lorcan – which is the new name of Christopher Girard, AKA Biff Busick – defeated Tye Dillinger with a neckbreaker after Dillinger was reportedly distracted by the crowd chanting “10,” which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to read, but I’m sure everything is fine, nobody panic
– No Way Jose defeated Josh Woods in a squash match. After Jose’s match, Aries came to the ring to cut a promo. He said that he believes you’re not defined by your victories, but by your defeats. He says he and Jose spoke after TakeOver and Jose taught Aries how to dance things out. Aries and Jose start dancing together, but then Aries hits Jose with the rolling elbow and locks in the Last Chancery to cement the heel turn
– Bayley defeated Deonna Purrazzo, who is still feeling the effects of the curse from when she desecrated that mummy’s tomb
– Nia Jax obliterated Liv Morgan in short order with a huge powerbomb
– Tye Dillinger came to the ring and said he was frustrated at having already lost twice. He called out Cien Almas, but quickly bailed with no match taking place. Reports indicated this interaction may have been in the service of picking up some reshoots for their match toward the beginning of the tapings
– Shinsuke Nakamura defeated the once and future Buddy Murphy with a Kinshasa
– Alexa Bliss defeated Carmella with a sparkle splash in a lengthy match that the crowd wasn’t super into (according to reports)
– Cien Almas defeated Noah Kekoa. The crowd engaged in some “WE WANT TYE” chants during this match
– Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa defeated Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley. After the match, Gargano and Ciampa got on the microphone and staked their claim to a title shot, given they defeated the new champions two weeks ago. American Alpha came out to respond. Gable and Jordan said they would have no problem taking care of the Authors of Pain in addition to reclaiming their belts from the Revival. That brought out the Revival, who took exception to challengers demanding title matches. William Regal finally came out and announced that Gable and Jordan will receive a two-out-of-three-falls title rematch “next week.” Gable, Jordan, Gargano and Ciampa shake hands, but then the Authors of Pain appear and lay out all four men. Paul Ellering comes out on the ramp to call the Authors away.
– In the final match of the tapings, Samoa Joe defeated Oney Lorcan. Joe picked up the win with the Muscle Buster