On Wednesday night, the Yellow Brand held its latest batch of television tapings, and this time they were back home at Full Sail in Winter Park, Florida. Please be aware that everything you read in the subsequent paragraphs is an actual, massive, legitimate spoiler for what will happen over the next several weeks of NXT television. You may read on only at your own risk. But if you’re the sort of person who just simply cannot wait until it happens on WWE Network to find out what happens next, congratulations! This post is for you!
This set of tapings will be the last before WrestleMania 34 weekend, and will take NXT weekly television all the way up through NXT TakeOver: New Orleans.
Results from the March 7, 2018 tapings:
— No Way Jose defeated Marcel Barthel. This was likely a dark match. Jose hit the pop-up punch to get the pin.
— Tommaso Ciampa came to the ring and soaked up boos from the crowd for a good long while. He bragged about costing Johnny Gargano his NXT career, then left the ring. He tore up Gargano signs that were passed out to the crowd beforehand, and started jaw-jacking with fans. Gargano, who had been in the crowd in a lucha mask, attacked Ciampa from the crowd, but was escorted out of the building by security.
1. Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round Match: Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch. Dunne and Strong were a replacement in the tournament for Mustache Mountain. Strong got the pin for his team after hitting the End of Heartache on Burch.
2. Ember Moon defeated Aliyah. Shayna Baszler sat in on commentary for this match. Moon won by pin after the Eclipse. After the match, Baszler stared down Moon while standing on the announce table.
— Raul Mendoza came out for a match, but Andrade “Cien” Almas attacked him from behind and beat him down, then cut a promo on Aleister Black in English and Spanish.
3. Adam Cole defeated Kassius Ohno. Cole won by pinfall with a Shining Wizard to the back of the head.
— William Regal came out and announced they will introduce the North American Championship at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans. EC3 entered and said it’s nice of Regal to give him a brand new title on his first day in the company. Regal said no one will be handed anything, and the North American Championship will be awarded in a ladder match with EC3 and five other competitors.
4. Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Second Round Match: The Authors of Pain defeated Street Profits.
5. Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Second Round Match: Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne defeated SAnitY. Dunne and Strong hit a double team Bitter End on Young to get the pin and advance.
6. Lars Sullivan defeated John Silver. Sullivan won by pin after the Freak Accident.
— Dakota Kai was out for a match, but a video was shown of Andrade “Cien” Almas beating up Aleister Black in the parking lot. They brawled all the way into the arena and to ringside. Almas destroyed Black with a chair and posed over him.
— They announced the North American Championship Ladder Match at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans will be EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Adam Cole vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet.
7. Velveteen Dream defeated Trent Seven. Dream won by pinfall after hitting a rolling slam.
8. Lars Sullivan NC Killian Dain. The other four participants in the TakeOver ladder match hit the ring and everyone brawled.
9. Kairi Sane defeated Vanessa Borne. Sane hit the elbow drop and got the pin.
10. Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals No. 1 Contender Match: The Authors of Pain NC Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly attacked to cause a double disqualification no contest.
— William Regal announced NXT TakeOver: New Orleans will have Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne vs. the Authors of Pain vs. the Undisputed Era and the winners will be NXT Tag Team Champions and the winners of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
11. Ricochet defeated Chris Dijak. This was the NXT television debut of the former Donovan Dijak.