Tonight, on the With Spandex mostly operational WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Even though Roman Reigns overcame insurmountable odds to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament at Survivor Series, it was the opportunistic Sheamus who would leave Atlanta with the coveted prize around his waist. One night after Triple H held The Celtic Warrior’s hand high in victory, Sheamus brings his new title to Raw. Will Reigns get some payback tonight, or will The Authority place even more obstacles in the path of The Big Dog? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Be sure you’ve read the Best and Worst of Survivor Series and are up on all the spoilers, because otherwise it’s gonna be a stressful night.
2. Congratulations to the Wee Baby Sheamus as he tries to navigate all the Rematch Clauses that will no doubt be utilized RIGHT HERE TONIGHT.
3. Goldust is back, so I’m excited for him to join Neville and Stephen Amell’s Justice League in the fight against Stardust and the Cosmic Wasteland. I just want once instance of someone having to booster Goldust.
4. All the WWE.com preview points are, “did you see Survivor Series? I wonder what’s gonna happen next,” which is usually code for either “something exciting’s going to happen,” or “we have no idea what’s going on and forgot we had to write a Raw.” If it’s Rematch City (clap clap clapclapclap), you know which one.
5. I don’t know what I want Roman Reigns’ response to Sheamus to be, but I hope it involves him driving an Aquafina truck into the arena and spraying down the Authority with room temperature water.
As always, we’re including 10 of our favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. To nominate a comment for consideration, reply to it with a +1.
Enjoy the show!