Tonight, on the all new post-brand extension Monday Night Raw open discussion thread:
The WWE Brand Extension Draft has come and gone, and the landscape of Monday Night Raw has experienced a seismic shift. As WWE’s New Era begins in earnest for the longest running weekly episodic show in history, what will Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and General Manager Mick Foley do now that the WWE Championship is on SmackDown Live? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. It’s the start of a new era, so look for Raw to open with a 20-minute Stephanie McMahon and/or Seth Rollins promo.
2. Tonight should be the main roster debuts of Finn Bálor and Nia Jax, so that’ll be fun. Keeping our fingers crossed for the Raw debuts of Hollis, Skyler and Steve Cutler.
3. Cesaro has been real fussy since getting drafted by Raw, so look for that to go somewhere. Hopefully it doesn’t go to, “Cesaro loses all the time,” to build some kind of weird underdog vibe for a giant international muscleman with superhuman strength.
4. Is the Zayn vs. Owens beef actually over? If so, where do they go? Can they be friends now? Please?
5. All in all, tonight’s a great opportunity for freshness and positivity, so let’s hope the show has a new vibe, maybe a new presentation and definitely a new theme song. Tonight is no longer the night! BRING BACK THE NICKELBACK.
As always, we’re including 10 of our favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. To nominate your favorites for consideration, reply to them with a +1.
Enjoy the show, everybody!