Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for September 8, 2014. The episode featured Chris Jericho taking on Bray Wyatt in a steel cage match, as well as an appearance from tabloid talk show host Jerry Springer.
Be back here tomorrow for the Best and Worst of WWE Raw column.
WWE Raw results:
1. Steel Cage Match: Bray Wyatt defeated Chris Jericho. Late in the match Jericho tried to climb over the wall of the cage but was stopped by Harper and Rowan. With nowhere else to go, Jericho dove off the cage onto Bray. Jericho tweaked his knee on the fall, allowing Bray to crawl out over him through the door and touch the floor to win. After the match, Wyatt attacked Jericho’s knee with the cage door and hit a Sister Abigail in the ring.
– Dolph Ziggler “leaked” hacked photos of The Miz shaving himself and spray-tanning, because The Fappening is something WWE’s vaguely aware of.
2. Paige and AJ Lee defeated Natalya and Rosa Mendes. AJ made Rosa submit to the Black Widow. After the match, Paige and AJ took turns making out with the Divas Championship.
– Paul Heyman confronted John Cena about “embracing the hate” and abandoning his child-pleasing persona so he’ll have a chance to beat Brock Lesnar at Night Of Champions. Cena said he likes being John Cena, and challenged Brock Lesnar to a confrontation next week. If Lesnar isn’t there, he’ll go after Heyman.
3. Seth Rollins defeated Sheamus. Cesaro was on color commentary and distracted Sheamus, allowing Rollins to hit a Curb Stomp for the pin. After the match, Cesaro attacked Sheamus.
– Rusev and Lana played the Russian national anthem. Rusev vs. Mark Henry is official for Night Of Champions.
4. Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn defeated Tyler Breeze and Tyson Kidd. Yes, this was an NXT showcase match on Raw. Neville pinned Breeze with the Red Arrow.
– Jerry Springer moderated a conversation between the Bella Twins. The Bellas’ brother showed up, and the segment ended with everyone rolling around in a big cat fight. Springer was taken away on a stretcher. Not a joke.
5. Goldust and Stardust defeated Los Matadores. Stardust won the match for his team with Dark Matter. After the match, The Usos jumped Goldust and Stardust from behind and attacked them with crutches.
6. Adam Rose defeated Titus O’Neil. Rose won with the Party Foul. Rose’s bunny superkicked Heath Slater during the match, and splashed Titus O’Neil from the top rope after it.
7. Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton. Reigns won by DQ (assumedly) when Kane and Seth Rollins attacked. Orton tried to lower the cage, but Reigns fought back, trapping Orton inside. Reigns took out Orton with a spear. Rollins dove off the top of the cage onto Reigns to finally stop him. Kane continued the attack, allowing Orton to assault Reigns with a chair. Rollins hit a Curb Stomp on Reigns to end the show.