Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for July 4, 2016. The show featured a United States Championship match, and was headlined by a 16-man elimination tag-team match. Be here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
– The show begins with footage of the food fight that happened backstage earlier, which was started when the Vaudevillains interrupted a rap performance by Golden Truth so Aiden English could sing.
1. United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) defeated Titus O’Neil. This match took place after Lilian Garcia sang “The Star Spangled Banner,” for extra America. Rusev got O’Neil to tap out with the Accolade. Rusev continued the attack on Titus after the bell, then mocked the crowd.
2. Enzo Amore & Big Cass defeated the Social Outcasts. The Social Outcasts were dressed like Minutemen, but Enzo and Cass somehow managed to win with the BadaBoomShakaLaka.
– Charlotte and Dana Brooke cut a promo in the ring, running down Sasha Banks and calling her jealous. This caused Sasha to appear and retort. Eventually, Sasha cleaned house and locked in the Banks Statement on Charlotte, before Dana pulled the Women’s Champion out of the ring.
3. Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz. In the evening’s champion vs. champion match, the WWE champ handily defeated the Intercontinental champ via pinfall after a Dirty Deeds. After the match, Ambrose exchanged stink-eyes with Seth Rollins, who was coming to the ring for his own match. Ambrose decided to sit in on commentary for Rollins’ bout.
– It was teased that Brock Lesnar’s SummerSlam opponent will be revealed on this week’s SmackDown.
4. Seth Rollins defeated Dolph Ziggler. Dean Ambrose managed to watch the entire match from the announce table without incident. Rollins eventually got the pin following a Pedigree. After the match, Rollins stood on the announce table and cut a promo running down the crowd and Ambrose. Ambrose eventually responded, then threw the WWE Championship at Rollins and they brawled. Ambrose hit a Dirty Deeds on Rollins on the Spanish announce table, then posed over him with the belt.
– The Wyatt Family got a vignette in a creepy barn. They say the power of positivity is a myth, but fear is real.
– The one and only Vickie Guerrero returned to hype the July 19 brand split draft and campaign to be the SmackDown general manager. She started suggesting hashtags for fans to support the cause before she was forcibly removed from the building.
– Backstage, a stars-and-stripes-clad Big Show gave a patriotic pep talk to Apollo Crews, Zack Ryder, Kane, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger and the Dudley Boyz while “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” plays in the background. He tells them that just like the founders of the country, they will have to put their differences aside, because this makeshift Team USA will face an international team in a 16-man elimination tag match.
– Dolph Ziggler pretended not to know Vickie Guerrero as she was escorted out.
5. Golden Truth defeated The Vaudevillains. Breezango sat in on commentary during this match. As payback for interrupting their concert earlier, R-Truth and Goldust picked up the win with a tandem powerbomb/Final Cut on Aiden English. Golden Truth taunted Breezango afterward.
– Bob Backlund is still trying to make Darren Young great again via split-screen vignette. He bestows the Chicken Wing upon Young to use as a finishing move.
– John Cena talked about America and The Club. He likes one a lot more than the other. AJ Styles and The Club said that no one in the back cares enough about Cena to help him out. They then surrounded Cena and beat him down. Enzo and Cass made the save and sent The Club packing.
– The Shining Stars joined us live via greenscreen, waving tiny American flags and standing in front of a photo of fireworks. They asked fans to enjoy their freedom, just like they do every day in Puerto Rico.
6. Becky Lynch defeated Summer Rae. The Summer Rae-naissance continues! Becky won with the Disarmer. Natalya watched on a monitor backstage disapprovingly.
– Backstage, noted Canadian Chris Jericho gave a pep talk to the international team, comprised of himself, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro and the Lucha Dragons. They weren’t quite as on the same page as Team USA.
– Enzo and Cass ate some delicious Sonic foods backstage and somehow weren’t interrupted by those two serial killers from the Sonic commercials.
– The New Day engaged in their usual antics until they were interrupted by a threatening vignette from the Wyatt Family. Kofi and Big E laughed it off, but Xavier admonished them for not taking the Wyatts seriously and understanding how big a threat they are. He dropped the mic and left Francesca II in the ring as he walked to the back.
– John Cena, Enzo & Big Cass vs. The Club was made official for Battleground.
7. Team USA defeated Team International. The 16-man elimination tag team match came down to Big Show and Zack Ryder against Sheamus, Jericho, Del Rio and Cesaro. Somehow, America managed to overcome the odds. Ryder last eliminated Sheamus with the Rough Ryder, then he and Big Show celebrated underneath a giant American flag to end the show.