Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for June 20, 2016. The show was headlined by Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins for a shot at the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Dean Ambrose, as well as a confrontation between John Cena and the Bullet Club. Be back here tomorrow for the fully editorialized Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
– The show opened with Dean Ambrose celebrating his win at Money in the Bank. He was interrupted by Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, who argued about who should get the next title shot. Shane McMahon made Reigns vs. Rollins for the night’s main event, with the winner facing Ambrose for the Championship at Battleground.
1. Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens. Zayn countered a pop-up powerbomb into a rollup for the win. After the match, Owens attacked Zayn and tried to powerbomb him off the Raw stage. The two continued to brawl through the commercial break, ending up backstage.
– John Laurinaitis showed up to throw his name in the hat for the General Manager of Smackdown, but Shane McMahon told him it wasn’t happening.
2. Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated the Vaudevillains. Enzo and Cass won with the Rocket Launcher, now called “Baddaboomshakalaka.”
– The Club offered an insincere apology to John Cena for what happened at Money in the Bank. Cena demanded a match, and Styles told Cena he could face anyone in The Club but him.
3. John Cena defeated Karl Anderson. Cena won by disqualification when the rest of The Club attacked him.
4. Baron Corbin defeated Zack Ryder. Corbin pinned Ryder after an End of Days.
5. WWE Women’s Championship Match: Charlotte (c) defeated Paige. Dana Brooke put Charlotte’s foot on the rope to keep her from losing. Charlotte was able to recover and hit Natural Selection for the win. After the match, Sasha Banks returned to Raw and attacked the heels.
– The Wyatt Family returned, and confronted the New Day.
6. Rusev vs. Titus O’Neil never officially got started. Angry about himself and his kids being disrespected at Money in the Bank, Titus beat up Rusev and sent him fleeing into the crowd.
7. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns ended in a double count-out. After the match, Ambrose said he’d defend the championship against both men in the same night. Shane McMahon made Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Battleground. Ambrose ended the show by hitting Dirty Deeds on both Reigns and Rollins.