Previously on the Best and Worst of Royal Rumble: WWE took a fun trip to Saudi Arabia where Titus O’Neil fell down trying to run to the ring, Jinder Mahal fell down trying to sell a Whisper in the Wind, and Brock Lesnar fell through a cage wall. You could say WWE’s Saudi Arabia shows are an epic fell!
If you haven’t watched not greatest Royal Rumble yet, you can do that here. Remember that With Spandex is on Twitter, so follow it. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also follow me on Twitter. BUY THE SHIRT.
One more thing: Hit those share buttons! Spread the word about the column on Facebook, Twitter and whatever else you use. Be sure to leave us a comment in our comment section below as well. You keep us in the business of watching wrestling shows and telling you about them!
Here’s the Best and Worst of WWE Royal Rumble for January 27, 2019.
Worst: Mechanics Of Pain
Where to even begin with this pre-show match? Joking about how ashamed Chad Gable should be to be out here cosplaying as his own tag team partner? Talking about how sad things continue to be for The Revival? Wondering how much sense it makes that a guy from the Authors of Pain and a guy from The Revival (and the 205 Live General Manager) thought that beating the Raw Tag Team Champions in a non-title match on a pay-per-view pre-show would earn tag title shots for AOP and The Revival individually instead of, at best, a title shot for the new hodgepodge team? What about the fact that they went through all that trouble to explain and set up a tag team match for a new team that was just gonna lose? Couldn’t we have just fed The Revival to Roode and Roode Jr. again? Did Dash Wilder have something better to do?
Uh, all right, let’s try to do them all in order.
- Chad Gable looks like he’s dressing up in daddy’s clothes to make mommy laugh and needs to stop.
- Gonna need AEW to hurry up and be a thing so the only imaginable ending to The Revival’s story isn’t “come see the team of ‘Dangerous’ Dave Harwood and ‘Deadly’ Danny Wheeler take on real1 and Big C for the Big Time Wrestling Tag Team Championship.”
- Wouldn’t the drama here have been better if they’d focused on Dawson and Rezar sorta competing against one another to get the pinfall, because presumably only the winning member of the team’s normal duo would get the title shot for pinning them? You could’ve given Roode and Gable a surprise pin on them because they were too busy arguing with each other, and that would’ve at least rationalized another loss.
- Better idea, the show is already 7 hours long, couldn’t you just cut this and do it on Raw like you were gonna do anyway?
- Dash thinks this remake of Resident Evil 2 is great!