Tonight, on the 1/23 (get it) edition of the With Spandex WWE Smackdown Live open discussion thread:
Last week on SmackDown LIVE, a very confident AJ Styles vowed to put an end to Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn’s “Yep!” Movement at the Royal Rumble event, when he defends his WWE Championship against them in a 2-on-1 Handicap Match. However, will the two friends have anything else to say as they try to get under The Phenomenal One’s skin before this Sunday’s showdown in Philadelphia? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network. (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. Be sure you’ve read the Best and Worst of Raw 25 from Monday, since it featured a bunch of Smackdown guys and affects both … [checks notes] neither show. Well, read it anyway.
2. Liv Morgan is in singles action, so make sure you set your DVR.
3. Jinder Mahal is teaming up with Rusev Day to take on New Day and Bobby Roode, which should be fun. Calling it now: Kofi Kingston avoids elimination in this year’s Royal Rumble by laying down pancakes like stepping stones.
4. Chad Gable takes on Jey Uso, and I spend the entire match thinking about how much Shawn Michaels looked like he should be Gable’s dad at Raw 25. Crazier things have happened.
5. Wishful thinking: Shane McMahon misses the show because he has to sell those two Stunners he took on Monday. He didn’t miss the show when he fell off a cage and got punched in the face by the Undertaker, but a man can dream.
As always, +1 your favorite comments from tonight’s open thread and we’ll include 10 of the best in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Smackdown Live column. Enjoy the show!