Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Smackdown Live results for January 30, 2018. The show featured fallout from the Royal Rumble, as well as a fatal four-way to determine the new number one contender to Bobby Roode’s United States Championship. Be back here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of Smackdown Live column.
WWE Smackdown Live Results:
1. United States Championship Number One Contender Fatal Four-way: Rusev defeated Zack Ryder, Kofi Kingston and Jinder Mahal. Rusev won by submission with the Accolade on Kingston to earn a future shot at the United States Championship.
– The Usos cut a promo about how they’re the best tag team in WWE. Their exit was interrupted by the entrance of the Bludgeon Brothers.
2. The Bludgeon Brothers squashed Chris Wylde and Rory Gulak.
– Charlotte Flair cut a promo about heading to WrestleMania as the Smackdown Women’s Champion. She was interrupted and attacked by the Riott Squad. Carmella teased cashing in the Money in the Bank contract while Charlotte was knocked out, but accidentally struck the referee while he was explaining the cash-in. Charlotte recovered and the ref hadn’t made the match official, so Carmella changed her mind and left with the briefcase.
3. Baron Corbin defeated Tye Dillinger. Dillinger was looking for an opportunity after being taken out of the Royal Rumble by Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. Corbin pinned Dillinger after the End of Days.
4. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable defeated Breezango. Benjamin pinned Tyler Breeze after a double-team powerbomb.
– Daniel Bryan made AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn for the night’s main event, and also made Owens vs. Zayn as next week’s main event, with the winner facing AJ Styles for the WWE Championship at Fastlane.
5. AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens argued with each other the entire match, leading to Zayn walking out. Nakamura hit Owens with a Kinshasa to win the match.