Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Smackdown Live results for September 17, 2019. The episode featured the coronation of the new King of the Ring, an appearance from Brock Lesnar, and more. Make sure you’re here tomorrow for the complete Best and Worst of Smackdown column.
WWE Smackdown Live Results:
1. The New Day defeated Randy Orton and The Revival. Kofi Kingston won the match for his team with Trouble in Paradise on Scott Dawson. After the match, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman appeared and challenged Kingston to a WWE Championship match on Smackdown’s October 4 debut on Fox. Kingston accepted, and Lesnar attacked him with an F-5. Watch that here.
– In a sit-down interview Erick Rowan said he attacked Roman Reigns to scare him and show him he’s not in control. He feels he’s been disrespected and treated like a background goon, when he’s actually Daniel Bryan’s physical and intellectual superior.
– Sami Zayn confronted Ali, acknowledging that even though he pinned Shinsuke Nakamura several weeks ago, the current version of Nakamura is much different. He said Ali would never be a champion, leading to Nakamura beating down Ali and hitting him with a Kinshasa.
– Kevin Owens arrived in the crowd. Shane McMahon and security showed up to confront him, and we find out that Owens has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against Shane for $25 million. Owens explained his case against Shane, and said that when he wins and returns to Smackdown, he’ll fire Shane.
– Ric Flair briefly appeared backstage with Charlotte.
– Offset made an appearance to introduce Charlotte Flair.
2. Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks by disqualification when Bayley interfered. Bayley and Banks attacked Flair 2-on-1 until Carmella made the save.
– Baron Corbin had his King of the Ring coronation. Corbin called out Chad Gable and made short jokes about him until Gable attacked. Gable tore up Corbin’s king cape, broke his scepter, and stomped on his crown.
— WWE (@WWE) September 18, 2019
3. Heavy Machinery defeated The B-Team with a Compactor on Bo Dallas.
– Kofi Kingston vs. Brock Lesnar for Smackdown on Fox was made official.
– Daniel Bryan ended the show with a promo about Erick Rowan, claiming he always saw him as an equal and a friend. Rowan interrupted, saying Bryan had never considered his feelings and had always treated him like a puppet. Luke Harper attacked Bryan from behind, and Harper and Rowan attacked Bryan 2-on-1 until Roman Reigns made the save. Harper and Rowan regained the advantage, exposed the ringside concrete, and slammed security team members onto it. They then attacked Reigns with a section of the security railing and put Bryan through the announce table.