The Morning Meat is an amalgam of news, scores and links to help you jump-start your day. Think of it as the Opening Ceremonies for you pissing away an entire workday. Img.
|Sizzling headlines straight from the griddle|
JUST DON’T PEE ON THE TURF. Sadie, the black Scottish Terrier, took Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club dog show. Sadie’s big moment proceeded a small protest from a couple of women that somehow made it onto the arena floor. What a couple of bitches.
CANCER. Denver Nuggets coach George Karl has been diagnosed with cancer in his neck and throat. He’ll be getting chemo over the next six weeks…and I can’t think of anything funny to tag onto that.
LAYOFF? WHAT LAYOFF? Yevgeny Plushenko took three years off after his gold medal win in Turin. The gold hasn’t rusted; Plushenko leads the men’s singles figure skating event in Vancouver after the short programs yesterday. American Johnny Weir currently sits in sixth.
|Scores Over Easy? We’ve Got Upsets!|
|No breakfast is complete without some links!|
- Ufford said it perfectly, but I’ll take it one further; people need to shut up altogther about LOST. Warming Glow.
- Now you can dry hump a pillow that looks like that guy from Twilight.
- You know who’s big on Facebook? Nick Saban. Fark.
- Prince, circa 1984, was caught rehearsing in what looks like my mother’s garage.
- Joe Sports Fan’s “Softball Guy” is at it again. Does a mustache count as a performance enhancer?
- If I had a 1oo krones for every time I saw a Norwegian biathlete puke on live TV. Deadspin.
- A retrospective of crazy video game glitches. I like the part where the guy playing the game threw the controller to the ground and broke it. Unreality Mag.
- “Tom” stopped using MySpace. That brings the total number of MySpace users to zero.
- So what was the deal with those potholes at Daytona?
Send tips and submissions to WithLeather-Tips@Uproxx.com. Come on, make yourself useful.