Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that there are technomological happenin's afoot in these here parts. Many of you have by now noticed that the comments section is starting to enter the 21st century, but our new super-awesome tech dude has done lots of other improvements, too. Most of it is little stuff you don't care about, but a couple things are noteworthy:
- The "search" button on the right used to just search for words in headlines, which was pretty stupid. Now it actually finds words and phrases from the actual post content. Hooray for common sense!
- The RSS feed, which has been something between broken and dodgy since the site's inception, is now working smoothly, which is great news for people who have the site blocked at work because of the "inappropriate content" here.
In the future — near future, not distant — you can also look forward to these upgrades:
- A private messaging system, where users can contact each other directly outside of the comments (but without giving out your email). Cool, yeah?
- Upgraded commenter profiles.
- HTML in the comments! I've been pushing this for ages. There might even handy buttons, so you don't have to write the code out by hand.
So stick around. It's hard to believe, but this site is actually going to get awesomer. I know, I didn't think it was possible, either.