Here are some facts about Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao:
1. All three judges scored it heavily in favor of Floyd Mayweather.
2. Several boxing experts scored it heavily in favor of Floyd Mayweather.
3. Manny Pacquiao landed 81 punches. Floyd Mayweather landed 148.
Here are some opinions about Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao:
1. No one with a functional brain believes Manny Pacquiao won the fight.
2. Skip Bayless thinks Manny Pacquiao won the fight.
Skip reiterated that ridiculous opinion during Monday’s episode of First Take. This is A+ trolling.
Skip actually makes some decent points about Mayweather dodging Pacquiao most of the fight (a tactic he’s employed his whole career). But as any boxing fan knows, the aggressor isn’t always rewarded when it goes to decision (see Oscar De La Hoya). Especially when the so-called aggressor in the fight doesn’t land nearly as many punches.
Is there an overall problem with the scoring system? Absolutely. But, as it stands now, and in the eyes of everyone else watching the fight, Pacquiao was the “clear loser.”
[via SB Nation]