In the past year, WWE has snapped up most of the free agent talent in the United Kingdom between their championship tournament and their desire to keep said wrestlers away from the competition. They’ve also reportedly been courting several of the top indie promotions from across the pond to potentially create additional content for the WWE Network, but it appears they’re not yet done scouring Europe for even more talent.
WWE held a new tryout at the O2 Arena in London this week that was attended by 24 wrestlers, including people who have been on the rosters of Germany’s wXw and Britain’s PROGRESS Wrestling and Revolution Pro Wrestling. Matt Bloom, Steve Corino, and William Regal presided over the tryouts. WWE.com listed some of the notables who attended. They include:
- 6-foot-3, 265-pound Jurn Simmons, who is currently the Unified World Wrestling Champion for Oberhausen, Germany-based Westside Xtreme Wrestling.
- 6-foot-2, 207-pound Adam “Flex” Maxted of Belfast, Northern Ireland, who has wrestled against the likes of Drew McIntyre.
- German cruiserweight Christian “T-K-O” Tscherpel, who trained under former WCW star Alex Wright and compete for Wright’s organization, New European Championship Wrestling.
- Welsh cruiserweight Flash Morgan Webster, who competed in a WWE Cruiserweight Classic qualifying match last year in PROGRESS Wrestling.
- Travis Banks & Chris Brookes, known collectively as Commonwealth Catch Kings, the reigning tag team champions of U.K.-based Revolution Pro Wrestling.
- TK Cooper, a six-year veteran from New Zealand who competed at this year’s WrestleMania Axxess as part of PROGRESS Wrestling’s featured bouts.
Webster was the man who lost to Zack Sabre Jr. in their CWC qualifier, way back when Sabre was pegged by many as a favorite to win the whole thing. TK Cooper is one-half of the Southe Pacific Power Couple, along with Dahlia Black, and is the first wrestler featured in this video:
Adam Maxted, meanwhile, is sort of the type of wrestler that WWE typically looks for. He was also apparently on a reality dating show called Love Island.
As far as Jurn Simmons, here he is taking on Sabre Jr. in wXw:
And his ring entrance is one of the best things I’ve ever seen, and can only imagine how much it would rule in WWE.
And because we’re all fans of packages related to Alex Wright, here is a look at Wright pupil Juvenile X: