It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s Charlie Kelly is one of the most eccentric and flat-out insane television characters ever, which is exactly what’s helped the show develop such a strong cult following. To honor the Paddy’s Pub gang and salute one of its most beloved members, here are 10 quotes from Charlie Day’s alter ego that would probably get the average person committed to a mental ward.
1. It’s probably best to keep your past lives as a mythological beast yourself.
2. Talking spider or just early signs of schizophrenia? It’s anyone’s guess, really.
3. Next stop, court-ordered anger management therapy.
4. 100 percent guaranteed to kill the mood on any date.
5. Friends don’t smack friends into tiny, little pieces.
6. On the plus side, most mental wards do have Spaghetti Thursdays.
7. Yep, just like a starfish.
8. There was always one kid in the class who would eat the scratch n’ sniff stickers.
9. Whose cottage, indeed?
10. Okay, so this one isn’t a quote, but the amount of insanity in those eyes is enough to frighten even the most adamant NRA supporter.