Bill Murray doesn’t know much, but he talks a lot about what he does know. That’s how the man, the myth, the legend himself phrased it on last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Live, referring to some parenting advice the father-of-six gave to Kimmel, whose wife recently gave birth, the last time he was on the show.
1. Bring an oscillating fan; there’s no air conditioning in the hospital.
2. Pack a light string; the lights are horrible.
3. Hang something, like a picture of Bill Murray (or the light strings).
4. When your kid first has solid food, give them a candy cane to stop the gas.
5. Pump their legs, as if they’re “driving” a Flintstones car, to tire them out.
6. Crash every engagement party photoshoot you see
OK, he didn’t actually say that last one, but it’s implied.