True Detective was one of the year’s best shows (second, specifically!), as thrilling as it was well-acted. But when most people think of the HBO series, they’ll recall two scenes: the stunning tracking shot and the famous Daddario scene. With apologies to Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief fans, it was her introduction to the world, and Obama’s introduction to her. True Detective, great show; that episode, GREAT scene.
It’s a “Watch It for the Plot” moment, which we’ve covered before. Here are some of 2014’s finest WIFTP scenes, including some quality shows and movies, and The Other Woman.
1. Let’s get it out of the way now: Alexandra Daddario on True Detective.
2. Jon Hamm, Jessica Paré, and Jenny Wade on Mad Men
3. Eva Green (and her Awesome Boobs) in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For…
…and Penny Dreadful
…and 300: Rise of an Empire.
4. Kate Upton in The Other Woman
5. Nicki Minaj in the “Anaconda” music video
6. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys 69’ing on The Americans
7. Chris Messina on The Mindy Project
8. Ryan Kwanten and Alexander Skarsgard on True Blood
9. The women of the World Cup.
10. The Outlander wedding scene
11. Lizzy Caplan (and Michael Sheen) on Masters of Sex
12. Nathalie Emmanuel on Game of Thrones
13. Alison Brie in the Get Hard trailer
14. Scarlett Johansson in Under the Skin
15. And of course, Ben Affleck in Gone Girl
Though Emily Ratajkowski was pretty memorable, too.