Friday’s The Walking Dead panel at San Diego Comic-Con was chock full of goodness like the premiere trailer for season six, plus a Q&A with the cast and creators concerning the upcoming season that starts on October 11. So what did we learn from the SDCC panel? Well, here ya go…
- Ethan Embry is joining the cast! He tweeted this during the SDCC panel:
- The first episode will be 90-minutes long — directed by Greg Nicotero — and Madison Square Garden will be hosting a special event for it. Check out the info for the event here.
- We already gleaned this from the trailer for season six, but show runner Scott M. Gimple said that Rick will be faced with “challenges to the way he does things.” Notably, it looks like Morgan will spearhead that movement BUT — and this is a big BUT — Gimple also said that the show likes to play with “the truth” in trailers. So…wtf does it all mean? Have to wait until October, I guess.
- Norman Reedus gets into character with a variety of tools. “A lot of Motörhead, a lot of coffee, I play Candy Crush a lot… I’m so into it it’s ridiculous. I spend hundreds of dollars, I don’t give a sh-t.”
- Gimple said that they tried to recruit another actor from the cast of HBO’s The Wire, but it didn’t work out. He also said that they’re not done mining that cast yet, so can we please get Omar as Omar in The Walking Dead? Can you imagine him walking through the woods whistling and all the walkers running for their lives?
- Michael Cudlitz on his Abraham character: “His defining moment is yet to come.”
- Merritt Wever (Nurse Jackie) will play one of the characters from the comics in season six, but as for who it is, you’ll just have to wait and see…
- Andrew Lincoln misses the “Rick beard.” So do we, Lincoln, so do we.