The ballad of whether Jon Snow lives in the next season of Game of Thrones is a long, tired song at this point, but everyone just can’t help but sing a few bars every now and then. It’s a really catchy tune, no doubt, and its subject often finds himself asked about whether or not the rumors are true. Hence why actor Kit Harington sorta kinda admitted during an interview that, even though he’d previously claimed that Jon Snow was dead, he filmed a few new scenes for the upcoming sixth season of the successful HBO series.
The first episode of the new season premiers on April 24, and everyone — fans, lay viewers and internet trolls — already knows about what happened to Snow in season five. That being said, be weary of possible spoilers below.
Time Out London spoke with Harington about his lead role in Doctor Faustus, which is set to hit the West End on April 9. The larger interview will run then, but the publication couldn’t help but post the results of their Game of Thrones-oriented questions for Harington:
Kit Harington: ‘Look, I’m not in the show any more. I’m definitely not in the new series.’
Time Out: ‘So you didn’t film any new scenes?’
KH: ‘I filmed some scenes of me being dead — [jokily] it’s some of my best work.’
TO: ‘Do you know what happens in the series or have you lost your privileges?’
KH: ‘I don’t have a clue. I know how long I’m a corpse for, but I can’t tell you that!’
Harington’s emphasis on the word “look” says a lot about the actor. Mainly, that he’s probably really f*cking tired of getting questions about whether Jon Snow is actually dead. Then again, the reporter’s insistence on being a reporter provided a few new minor details about Harington’s involvement in the show.
Like that despite the fact that Snow is very much a goner, HBO and the showrunners still felt it necessary to pay Harington enough to 1) play a corpse and 2) keep his mouth shut. At least he’s cheery about the whole affair.
The sixth season of Game of Thrones premieres Sunday, April 24 on HBO.
(Via Time Out London)