Meg Donnelly is a 15 year-old actress perhaps best know for portraying “Ash” on Netflix’s Team Toon. Currently, she stars on ABC’s American Housewife, which debuted earlier this month and airs each Tuesday night at 8:30pm EST. Meg was nice enough to take a few minutes from her busy schedule to answer a few questions from us recently.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
I always order water at a bar/restaurant. My friends always make fun of me for it.
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter and/or Instagram?
I don’t have a favorite person, but I follow all these funny meme accounts. I look at them too much. I love laughing and I do very easily, so funny picture accounts are my absolute favorite.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR?
SpongeBob Squarepants is always waiting for me when I get home.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
Coffee Ice Cream with walnuts.
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
YouTube, Google and Instagram.
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your mobile device?
Currently, it’s a tie between “Poison” by Bel Biv DeVoe and “Pick Up The Phone” by Travis Scott. It’s always a rap song or a 90’s grunge song.
7. If you could go back and give your 18-year-old self one piece of advice what would it be?
Since I’m not 18 yet, I’d give my 12-year-old self advice: I’d say to not be afraid of standing out from the rest. I was always fearful that standing out would be considered weird or different. I should have owned/celebrated my difference more.
8. What’s the last thing you Googled?
I googled lyrics of “Blinded by the Light” by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band (written by Bruce Springsteen). Very random.
9. Dogs or cats?
I have always wanted a dog, but since my family and I travel quite a bit, it wouldn’t be fair to the dog. So, I own 2 cats that I love so much. It’s quite conflicting, but I’d say dogs (I really want one).
10. Best concert of your life was…?
There are 2. When I was 5 years old, I went to a (Grateful) Dead concert at the outdoor Tweeter Center in Philadelphia. It was my 1st concert and I remember having the best time. I also saw Maroon 5 at the New Orleans Jazz festival. Although it was raining, Adam Levine was amazing!
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
The Hunger Games series.
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I am working on American Housewife We are filming in Los Angeles. I live in New York City. My dad had to resign from his job and move with me to California. My mom has to stay behind in New York and continue working. My family is now split between the two coasts. My parents sacrifice and continued support is something I am greatly appreciative of!
13. South Park or Family Guy?
I talk in Cartman’s voice and quote South Park all the time, but I watch Family Guy almost everyday. Definitely Family Guy.
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
I would travel to an exotic place and have a blast.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
The Ted movies, Stomp the Yard, Along Came Polly or the SpongeBob movie.
16. The sports team or teams you’re most passionate about?
I don’t follow sports teams that much, but I do follow basketball, football and baseball intently and keep track of the players (especially Big Papi, Tom Brady, LeBron James, Steph Curry and retired Derek Jeter). The only team I am very passionate about is the Boston Red Sox (even though I am from New York City). However, I love going to Yankees games, so I have a soft spot for them as well.
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
It was at the Duke’s in Maui, Hawaii. The dish was two types of fish, Mahjong and Mahi Mahi, with jasmine rice and potatoes. Ah, it makes me hungry. I wish I could relive that meal again.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Chris Hemsworth (I still am obsessed).
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage was coming to your house for dinner?
He’s from New Orleans, so either Crawfish Bread or Jambalaya!