Fire Department Identifies Culprit In California House Fire: A Really Shiny Dog Bowl

Editor-at-Large
05.04.13 6 Comments

In the latest installment of our series on incredibly strange, animal-related methods of setting your house on fire, a Santa Rosa, California couple had to call the fire department after the shiny metal water dish they left outside for their dog Toby reflected a beam of sunlight with such intensity that it burned the side of their house like they live in a cartoon or something.

“I just looked outside a minute and saw what i thought was steam.” said Shay Weisbrich. “A big plume of it through the glass door.. So I went over there thinking, ‘that’s not right, not normal.’ And it was smoke!

The Bennett Valley Fire Department responded before the fire got out of control. [5KPIX]

If anyone needs me, I’ll be over here using a metal dog dish to reheat leftover pizza by HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE SUN.

http://CBSSF.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=606578;hostDomain=video.sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com;playerWidth=650;playerHeight=400;isShowIcon=true;clipId=8837795;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=CBS.SF%252Fworldnowplayer;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=fixed

Around The Web